Welcome! Here is another Barbershop presentation script–for those eager to read Barbershop presentation scripts. Enjoy! I’m Gordon Burgett, blogmaster of my own blog, which you are now reading. 90% of the posts here refer to writing, editing, publishing, speaking, and related commentary about selling one’s ideas and information. The other 10% discuss emceeing, which is […]
(I was asked by a group of performers/students for some sample emceeing scripts four years ago, so here is my occasional response. This time I was asked by our Barber Shop interim director, Paul, if I’d do the emceeing for the Marin County Fair, in San Rafael, about 20 miles north of San Francisco. But […]
Since we’ve received many requests for completed Barbershop scripts, as formats or models for similar club or organization presentations, here is the July 4, 2014, program at the Marin County (California) Fair. (The live rendition is on You Tube, though the sound capture is fairly poor, being an outside show [in a tent] and surrounded […]
(1) Happy Birthday! Yesterday was our country’s birthday, and today we want to help you celebrate it by singing some festive songs the barbershop way! We are the Marin Golden Gate Barbershoppers—and I’m Gordon Burgett. How many of you folks are from other countries or other states? Raise your hand, then shout it out. Great! […]
On 11/4/12 the Golden Gate Marin County Barbershoppers performed the two-hour show called “Barbershopping from Coast to Coast” at the Civic Center in San Rafael. (See the actual script on the blog mentioned below.) I wrote and emceed that show, so let me share the thinking that went behind its preparation and editing. —– First, […]
This is the final version of a full two-hour show called “Barbershopping from Coast to Coast” and performed at the Civic Center in San Rafael on 11/4/12. I was the author of the script (with lots of help from the Golden Gate Marin County Barbershoppers) and I did the emceeing (as master of ceremonies). —– […]
If you’re comfortable with your topic and audience and you enjoy speaking in public, there are just a few bases you must touch to hear a volley of “great job’s” later on. If you’re not, you may have to tape your script to your glasses and vary nary a whit from its message. Let’s assume […]
Many of the readers of my blog “One Way to Write a Script for Your Club or Singing Group” (posted about a week back) have asked how the show went, so here’s a quick post-show report. The show was performed at 2 p.m. sharp this past Sunday in the Showcase Theater at the Marin County […]
April 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Emceeing: full sample script, 7/4/2014
- One Way to Write a Script for Your Club or Singing Group
- How to sell 100% or more of your articles to the newspapers…
- Can you simultaneously submit one article to many newspapers?
- Emceeing: how to write a script that works!
- How to convert your book file into ePub format—fast and free!