I just woke up to a question/discussion on Linkedin’s Promocave: Carrie Golden, Citizen Journalist/Poetry Consultant to film-makers at Motionpoems, Inc., asked: Writing coach… Not sure if this group [Promocave] is the right place to post this question but…what exactly does a writing coach do to help writers? ——————- I wear two hats (on one head): […]
If this were addressed to you, how would you feel if it arrived unexpectedly in your email box ? This year (2016), I’ve decided to send one email each day thanking someone who has enriched my life. It could be someone who is close to me, like a family member or a friend. It could be […]
I enjoy and learn a lot from Bob Bly’s frequent missives. (See www.bly.com). We sort of walk and work the same side of the street regarding professional writing and publishing, and we both agree on the importance of strategizing first, then following up with processes that work. So the other day when Bob offered five […]
It’s doable but very hard. It takes a combination of good things, some not much in your control. A starting definition is required: what is a “big seller”? Almost everybody will agree that if your book has “many, many thousands of sales; royalties in six-plus figures; a book-based movie, and spin-offs of book fame like […]
I’ve been selling my e-books through Nook Press for four years and it’s a good way to get your book posted for sale at Barnes and Noble, which runs it. (Its platform was earlier known as Pubit!) It’s probably the easiest free ebook press site to use. (The others most used are Kindle and Smashwords.) […]
Here’s how that works. Let’s say that you have written a book that is 240 body-copy pages long, excluding the front matter, table of contents, bio, and index. Let’s also say that before you wrote the book you created an outline. That outline included an intro/explanation chapter, four systems chapters (each including a different concept […]
MAGAZINES and NEWSPAPERS 1. Here is the two-item formula for selling nonfiction copy to magazines and newspapers: (a) You sell more than 75% of your freelance writing by writing only when you have better than a 50% chance of a sale, and (b) You have better than a 50% chance of a sale by […]
(1) “Ebooks have grown exponentially and reached a healthy balance by 11/14,” says Mark Coker, head of Smashwords in a no-nonsense delivery at BAIPA (Bay Area Independent Publishers Assn) on Nov. 8. Here is a much-abbreviated summary of Mark’s very enjoyable 10-point presentation. When Mark began Smashwords, about it 8 years ago, ebooks accounted for […]
April 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Emceeing: full sample script, 7/4/2014
- One Way to Write a Script for Your Club or Singing Group
- How to sell 100% or more of your articles to the newspapers…
- Can you simultaneously submit one article to many newspapers?
- Emceeing: how to write a script that works!
- How to convert your book file into ePub format—fast and free!