Over the past 30-years, in my “Writing Travel Articles That Sell” seminar, I’d talk for about 20 minutes about interviewing. The entire process has almost completely changed during that time. First, though, why bother to interview at all? Who really cares? The editors who will hopefully buy your article (even book) care a lot. It’s […]
Posts tagged: interviewing
You already know the answer: about the same way you interview a lesser (known) mortal, except as humble as that person is (it happens!) they still expect a bit of deference… The real question is, how do you get to interview a famous person? Let’s assume you are doing this as the core of an […]
An attendee from one of my publishing seminars is writing a book and had a few interview-related questions that you may also have, so let me share a few thoughts here. (Incidentally, I’m offering three different writing- and publishing-related seminars near Stanford and Santa Cruz, California, in mid-March: see www.gordonburgett.com/seminars.htm.) One, how to arrange an […]
- Great way to find your Smashwords earnings!
- How do you find interviewees for your articles?
- Profits from reprints, rewrites, and reprints of rewrites
- Want to read all your favorite blogger said about “X” topic?
- Trees and Kids (from Teachers Change Lives 24/7)
- Can you sell the same article to a magazine, newspaper, and blog?
Top Posts & Pages