Over the past 30-years, in my “Writing Travel Articles That Sell” seminar, I’d talk for about 20 minutes about interviewing. The entire process has almost completely changed during that time. First, though, why bother to interview at all? Who really cares? The editors who will hopefully buy your article (even book) care a lot. It’s […]
Posts tagged: interviewing
You already know the answer: about the same way you interview a lesser (known) mortal, except as humble as that person is (it happens!) they still expect a bit of deference… The real question is, how do you get to interview a famous person? Let’s assume you are doing this as the core of an […]
An attendee from one of my publishing seminars is writing a book and had a few interview-related questions that you may also have, so let me share a few thoughts here. (Incidentally, I’m offering three different writing- and publishing-related seminars near Stanford and Santa Cruz, California, in mid-March: see www.gordonburgett.com/seminars.htm.) One, how to arrange an […]
- The most important / most profitable reason to self-publish
- How can I make my self-published memoir a big seller?
- How to calculate your 2015 monthly Amazon-based royalties
- Also use Nook Press to publish your own book–free!
- Can you use a pseudonym for publishable articles?
- What do you do if a promised article interviewee finks out?
July 2015 S M T W T F S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Emceeing: full sample script, 7/4/2014
- How to Interview a Famous Person…
- How much money can you earn from articles and related photos?
- Emceeing: How to introduce a lot of people quickly...
- How to sell 100% or more of your articles to the newspapers…
- Will the editor or publisher rewrite your article or book?