If you’ve had a good article in print, why not sell it again and again? To do that you need a cover letter to send to the second editor. These are full-page letters sent to editors who buy reprints (same as second rights)—usually editors who pay on publication. If you sold first rights to the […]
Posts tagged: reprint rights
Once your article has been in print, why not sell it again and again? That’s a reprint. Or use the same research and rewrite it for other publications? That’s a rewrite (which you can also reprint!) Both are commonly done, perfectly legal, and can increase your income remarkably. So let me talk about reprints in […]
Other than marketing, nothing is more confusing to the new writer than the issue of rights. Actually, there is little reason for bewilderment, anxiety, or even undue concern. Two kinds of rights are involved in freelance sales. “Copyright” is one; “all rights,” “first rights,” second rights” are the other. While they sound perplexingly similar, they […]
- Multiply your book’s sales by turning your book into 6
- 4 proven ways to sell 75%+ of your freelance writing
- Sample evaluation sheet for seminars and other programs
- How much money do you actually earn selling through Amazon and LSI?
- Great way to find your Smashwords earnings!
- How do you find interviewees for your articles?
Top Posts & Pages
- Emceeing: how to write a script that works!
- How to sell 100% or more of your articles to the newspapers…
- Emceeing: How to introduce a lot of people quickly...
- How to Pick a Topic for a Book That Will Sell Well
- Can you simultaneously submit one article to many newspapers?
- Emceeing: full sample script, 7/4/2014